CAMPION HOMES LIMITED
Campion Homes Limited registered under company number SC254742 (we, us, our) takes your privacy seriously and this privacy notice (Notice) sets out how we will handle your personal data securely and in accordance with your rights. In this Notice, references to you or your shall mean you as a user of www.campionhomes.com (our website) and/or our house building services (our services). Please read this Notice carefully to understand how we will treat your personal data.
We are a registered data controller under the terms of the Data Protection Act 2018 and the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679. This means that we are responsible for, and control the processing of, the personal data that we collect about you. Our registered office address is at Pitreavie Drive, Dunfermline, Fife, KY11 8US.
When do we collect your personal data?
We collect personal data from you when you:
- visit our website;
- register with us on our website;
- contact us by post, email, telephone or through our website;
- visit one of our sales offices;
- contact us through our social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter;
- make a purchase from us;
- subscribe to our newsletter;
- sign up to receive marketing from us;
- become one of our suppliers or subcontractors; and/or
- apply for a job with us.
What personal data do we collect?
The personal data collected in the above manner may include your:
- full name;
- email address;
- postal address; and
- telephone number.
If you decide to reserve and/or purchase a home with us we will also collect your:
- payment details;
- solicitor's details; and
- information about the sale of your current property (if relevant).
If you apply for a job advertised on our website, we will collect personal information provided to us from your covering letter and CV.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data for the following purposes:
- in the normal course of our business, to allow us to register you to receive our services and to provide you with our services;
- to respond to any enquires that you make about our services;
- to allow us to manage the construction or maintenance of your new home and keep you up to date with the progress;
- to communicate with you and keep you up to date about our developments, where you have consented to receive communications. We will not send you marketing communications if you have opted out to receive marketing. You will be able to opt-out of such communications at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the 'unsubscribe' link at the bottom of one of our emails;
- to allow us to analyse your personal preferences and personalise our services to you; and
- to comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject.
What is our legal basis for using your personal data?
We will only use your personal data where it is permitted by law and where:
- we need to use your personal data to perform a contract with you (for example, the contract to purchase your home);
- we need to use your personal data to comply with our legal obligations;
- you have given us consent to use your personal data (if consent is needed); and
- it is reasonable for us to do so and there is no disadvantage to you or risk to your personal data. Who do we share your personal data with?
We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- service providers and third party partners, who process and store data on our behalf (such as our subcontractors and suppliers);
- professional advisors (such as our solicitors and surveyors acting on behalf of the mortgage lenders);
- the National House Building Council who provide the 10 year warranty on our homes;
- an independent financial adviser (if you have given us permission to do so); and
- any member of our group, which means Campion Homes Limited and other companies which may be added to our group from time to time.
We may also share your personal data with third parties:
- in the event that we, our business, or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party (in which case personal data about customers will be one of the transferred assets); and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any contract with you or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our employees, customers, or others.
How long do we store your personal data for?
We only store your personal data for as long as necessary for the purposes listed above. Normally, and unless we are required by law to retain your personal data for a longer period, if you make an enquiry about one of our housing developments, we shall retain your information for the longevity of the development. If you purchase one of our homes, we shall retain your records for up to 10 years. If you would like further information about how long we store your personal data, please contact us using the contact details below.
What are your rights?
Data protection laws give you a number of rights as listed below. If you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us using the details at section 14 of this Notice.
Right to object: You may object to our processing of your personal data. Please contact us using the details below, providing details of your objection. Upon receiving the request, we will contact you to tell you if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue. If data is no longer processed, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights.
Right to access your personal data: You may request access to a copy of your personal data that we hold, along with information on what personal data we use, why we use it, who we share it with, how long we keep it for and whether it has been used for any automated decision making. You may make a request for access free of charge.
Right to withdraw consent: You may withdraw your consent at any time. Please contact us if you would like to withdraw your consent and we will delete your data in line with your right to erasure.
Right to rectification: You may ask us to rectify inaccurate information held about you. If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and we will ensure that it is updated. If you would like to update the data we hold about you, please contact us and provide the updated information.
Right to erasure: If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. When we receive your request, we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or tell you the reason why it cannot be deleted.
Right to portability: You may ask us to provide you with the personal data that we hold about you in a structured, commonly used, machine readable format. You have the right to request that we transfer your data to another controller. Once we have received your request, we will comply where it is feasible to do so.
Right to make a complaint: You can make a complaint to us by emailing us at email@example.com. Alternatively, you may make a complaint to the UK supervisory authority, which is the Information Commissioner's Office, by visiting their website at www.ico.org.uk, by phoning 0303 123 1113 (local rate) / 01625 545 745 (national rate), or by writing to Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your computer (or other electronic device) when you access our website. Please see our Cookies Policy [here] for further information.
How do we keep your personal data secure?
We will treat all of your personal data in strict confidence and we will take all reasonable and appropriate steps to keep your personal data secure once it has been transferred to our systems. We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal data. Please note that whilst we take reasonable steps to prevent any breach, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data you disclose to us online. You accept the inherent security risks of providing personal data and dealing online and will take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the security of the personal data you provide to use is not compromised.
Links to third party websites
Our website may contain links to other websites, not owned, associated or managed by us. Whilst we try our best to only link to reputable websites we cannot be held responsible for the security of information collected by sites not managed by us, nor can we accept responsibility or liability for them. We would recommend that you read the privacy information of the third party before using their website.
Changes to this Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time and we would advise you to check it regularly. We will let you know when we make any material changes to this Notice by means of notice on our website homepage or if appropriate, by contacting you directly. This Notice was last amended on 3 July 2018.
How can you contact us?
If you have any questions about this Notice or our use of your personal data or you would like to exercise any of your rights, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, write to us at Campion Homes Limited, Pitreavie Drive, Pitreavie Business Park, Dunfermline, KY11 8US or call us on 01383 432600.