Campion Homes have been building homes for almost 30 years. This charter provides a clear guide to the procedures we will follow throughout your customer journey and the information we will provide
Our commitment to clarity and honesty in our marketing material
- We are committed to providing Sales and Marketing literature that is clear and honest. All of our marketing material will comply with the relevant codes of practice and none of the information or publicity material will be intentionally misleading.
A dedicated meeting to provide you with the information you need to make an informed purchase
- Prior to reserving we will issue a price list confirming the purchase price and details about the associated factors charges for the development. A house type layout insert showing approximate room sizes and a computer-generated impression of the external of the property. We will provide clear information about your cancellation rights.
- Before the missives are issued we will hold a ‘Reservation Checklist’ meeting to ensure that you, the purchaser, have been furnished with all of the information you need to decide about buying the property. This will include reviewing the working drawings to ascertain:
- Details of the development including location, size and demarcation of the plot. Location of any plots that are being built on behalf of others within the boundaries of the development
- Details of the plot including boundaries and access to it – both vehicle & pedestrian
- Details of external material finishing’s to the plot
- Details of the adoptable roads / footpaths and the areas that are common i.e. play areas or open spaces
- Details of proposed street lighting locations
- Details regarding the levels of the plot and surrounding area
- Details of the proposed landscaping schedule to the plot and the communal areas
- Summary of external boundary details i.e. fencing or retaining wall detail
- Details of the internal of the plot – including locations of sockets, switches, light fittings and radiators within each room
- Detailed specification highlighting standard items that are included
- Any choices that are available both standard & non-standard and the timelines for selection
- Kitchen & bathroom layouts
- A copy of the ‘Consumer Code for Builders’ is given to you at this stage. You will also receive a copy of the Factor’s leaflet detailing all associated costs
- You will receive an anticipated date of entry in line with concluded missives and completed choices
- You will receive details of any planning submissions adjacent to the development that are known
Our contract with you will be fair, clear and compliant
- Our Builders missive and all of the associated terms and conditions will be fair and clear and will comply with the principles of the Consumer Code For Home Builders.
Keeping you safe at site visits
- Building sites can be dangerous places and are covered by strict health and safety regulations. We are prevented by law from giving you open access to your home during construction. We will advise you of any health and safety precautions that must be adhered to when visiting the site and, after you have moved in, advise where construction work is commencing or continuing.
Keeping you informed about the construction process and completion date
- After you have reserved we will provide you with regular updates regarding the construction of your new home. There are several ways we will keep you updated – usually either by phone or by email. We will agree with you your preferred mode of communication. We will give you information about when we expect the property to be completed – this will become more precise after missives and choices are complete and again as construction nears completion.
- At reservation we will most often commit to a 3-month window but this is dependent upon the build stage of the home and the purchaser’s circumstances
- Once choices and missives conclude we will provide a more exact timeframe
- Once we have NHBC Buildmark cover note & Local Authority habitation we will advise of an exact date
- Approximately 1 -2 weeks before completion, we will demonstrate the functions and facilities of your new home. At completion we will hand over the keys and provide you with all the necessary guarantees and instruction leaflets.
- After completion we will provide you with login details to your personal Home User Guide, which contains guidance notes and details on your new home.
About your 10 Year NHBC warranty
- All our homes benefit from a 10-year NHBC warranty. This is included in the purchase price. You will receive a copy of the policy from your Solicitor following the date of entry. Prior to the property being complete the warranty provides cover should the housebuilder become insolvent.
For the first two years the warranty states that the housebuilder must repair any defects that do not conform to NHBC standards or recommendations. Over the following eight years the warranty provides cover against the cost (subject to the minimum claim value and exclusions and limitations as indicted in the policy document) of putting right any significant damage to the load bearing structure and certain parts of the home that appears during this time. The warranty does not cover wear and tear or lack of maintenance.
Our Customer Care Commitment
- We will advise you of procedures regarding after sales services and provide you with out of hours emergency contact details.
- You will be given a copy of the ‘Consumer Code for Builders’ which provides an alternative dispute resolution service.
Helping you with the resolution of issues or complaints
- If problems do arise, we are committed to resolving the situation to your satisfaction as rapidly as we can.
- In the first instance you should contact our Customer Care department who will do their utmost to resolve the problem. If the issue cannot be solved by our Customer Care team, your query will be referred onto the Sales Manager. Only if the problem remains unresolved, will it be taken up by the Joint Managing Director. Should you still be unsatisfied with the resolution after these steps please contact the Consumer Code for Home Builders.
- It is in everyone’s interest to deal with such matters as efficiently and quickly as possible. We will tell you about the procedures we use for dealing with issues and inform you about third parties or external services who may be able to offer help.
Your Feedback help us improve our product and our service
- Throughout our relationship we will always welcome your feedback. Your feedback allows us to improve our product and to learn where we can develop our service levels. Our customer surveys are vital in providing us with details of what we get right and what we can do better on. If you have any comments or suggestions please write to us at:
Pitreavie Business Park